Saturday, March 29, 2014

Purple CTR Baptism Celebration Cake

How cute is this CTR cake?!  I loved making it.  Yet another purple cake!  I better learn to love purple because I actually have two more wedding cakes coming up that both have purple as the main color.   Someone in the universe must have heard me say I don't like making purple cakes.  So is life.  :)
 I wanted to make it cute and feminine and I got a cool new lace texture for Christmas, so..... How dainty is that texture on the board?  I thought it was perfect.
 I really debated on adding those flowers, but I'm really happy I did.  They gave it just a little more extra special touch to the cake.

 I'm not very good at taking pictures, and I'm definitely not as skilled as Brandi, so it's hard to tell how pretty the lace texture was and the purple color, but I promise it was really pretty!

It's just frosting on the cake with fondant as the accents.  It was so hard getting the purple fondant to match the purple frosting.  Thus, my love/hate relationship with purple!  But I was really happy with how it turned out.  What a special touch to a special day!  I'm sure Nykel was beautiful on her baptism day!

No comments:

Post a Comment