Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Most Stupendous 'Fancy Nancy' Birthday Cake!

There may or may not be a lot of pictures of this cake!  I had so much fun making this very girly cake!  And since it was Fancy Nancy themed, of course it had to be over-the-top adorable!!  Add a tea party element, and it's a hit!
 Strawberry flavored cake with butter cream frosting and gum paste accents.  A few donuts were made with modeling chocolate.
 Tea cups and plates made of gum paste.
 The bottom's of the cups were so adorable!
 'Fancy Nancy' wouldn't be complete without her extravagant words!
 All the tags were hand cut and painted.  The bow and ribbons were gum paste.

 All right, I have a confession to make.  I didn't have a ton of time for this cake, and I really wanted it to be special, so I succumbed to the dark side!  I used my daughter's play dough molds, eek!  Don't worry, they were thoroughly washed and dried.  But wow, did they make all these little pastries perfect for the cake!




Yes, lots of pictures, but I just loved this cake!  From the theme, to the flavor, to the colors it was a fun cake all around!  And oh so fabulously 'Fancy Nancy!' 

No comments:

Post a Comment